USINDO SUMMER STUDIES
An intensive 10-week language & culture studies fellowship held in Yogyakarta, Indonesia for U.S. university students and recent graduates.
Improve your Bahasa Indonesia proficiency in a classroom setting.
Immerse yourself in the unique culture of Indonesia
Volunteer at institutions or organizations according to your personal interests and goals
Foster meaningful bonds with your Indonesian host families
Engage in discussions of various topics, such as politics, history, culture, religion, and economics.
Engage with Indonesian government officials, NGOs, business leaders and experience its city tour
All of the following application documents must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- Application form: Please submit a completed and signed application form, available HERE.
- Personal statement: Please submit a 500 word personal statement describing your academic interests, career goals, interest in Indonesia & how your participation in this program will enhance those interests and goals, how your career might further the mission of the Society to promote more awareness of Indonesia in the United States, and why you chose to apply for the 2020 USINDO Summer Studies Program.
*In addition to the personal statement, you may also submit a short introductory video of yourself. This video should be no more than one minute long and should serve the purpose of helping us get to know you and your motivation better beyond your personal statement. Please note that this video is optional.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume: Please submit a curriculum vitae or resume (not to exceed 2 pages).
- Academic transcript(s): Please submit the latest academic transcript from the educational institution where you are currently enrolled or recently graduated from. Unofficial copies are acceptable, provided official copies are supplied later.
- Letter of recommendation: One (1) recommendation letter is required. Two are welcome. The letter of recommendation may include the recommender's assessment of your character, potentials, and accomplishments, preferably with examples; the recommender's understanding of your academic/professional interests; and why the recommender would recommend you to be chosen as a 2020 USINDO Summer Studies participant. Recommenders must submit the letter of recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tax Return (for scholarship applicants only): The electronic copy of the Tax Return should be from the most recent year filed, and can be either the student’s or their parents’ (if the student is still a dependent).
Applicants are responsible for ensuring their applications are submitted on time. Only complete applications will be considered.
The program fee contributes $2,000 toward the total expenses of the program. The total expenses of the program include international round-trip and domestic air tickets, tuition, cultural program, field trip, special lecture, accommodation, two meals per day, visa, and travel insurance. Therefore, a substantial part of the total program cost is provided by USINDO. Incidentals not mentioned above are the responsibility of the applicant.
We are accepting applications all year long. Applications and required documents must be received by USINDO no later than January 24, 2020 to be considered for the Summer Studies 2020 program.
Applicants will be notified of the decisions in mid-February 2020.