SUMITRO FELLOWS PROGRAM
A fellowship that awards grants to American and Indonesian scholars for field research on U.S. – Indonesia relations and political-economic themes.
The Sumitro Fellows program is currently in a pause pending clarification of resources for the program’s continuation. We should know more by mid-2017. Should further funding become available, we will issue a notice about that, as well as the new time frame for applications. We suggest those who are making inquiries give us their names and emails, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can inform them directly should the program resume in 2017, or in 2018.
All of the following must be completed and received on or before February 15, 2016 in order to be considered for the 2016 Sumitro Fellows Program:
- Application Form: Please submit a completed and signed application form.
- Field Research Abstract: Please provide a one to five page single-spaced abstract of your intended research.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume: Please submit a curriculum vitae (not to exceed 10 pages) or resume providing full citations of all publications, with the most recently published item listed first.
- Recommendation Letters: Two (2) recommendation letters are required. One recommendation letter must be from a dissertation advisor, senior faculty member, or other comparable advisor. Please advise your referees to send the recommendation letter directly to email@example.com on or before February 15, 2016. Applicants have the responsibility of requesting and reminding their referees to directly send their recommendation letters by the required deadline.
- Waiver of Responsibility: Please submit a signed waiver of responsibility.
- Supplemental Information: In addition to the above information, the review committee will consider supplemental information such as writing samples, course syllabi, etc. Faculty members and lecturers are welcome to submit course syllabi that do not exceed five pages.